Skip to main content

New Student Enrollment

CUSD On-line New Student Enrollment allows you to begin the enrollment process for students new to the district.  Former students returning to the district (who withdrew from CUSD at least a month ago or longer) may also complete the On-line Enrollment process.  You must have a valid address in the cities served by Capistrano Unified to use this system.


For information on enrolling a student who is currently attending and will be transferring schools within CUSD, contact the home school to have your records transferred. You do not need to complete the Online Enrollment process.

We look forward to welcoming you to Aliso Niguel High School!

Required Enrollment Documents

Proof of residency

See link at left for Board Policy regarding Proof of Residence


Immunization record.

Students must meet all immunization requirements to be enrolled and attend classes. New students may be able to contact the prior school of attendance to obtain these records. Current CUSD students may request these records by contacting the Registrar's office.

To find out more about CUSD immunization requirements, please contact the registrar

Tdap Immunization:
Starting July 2011, a new law (AB 354) changing immunization requirements for all students grades 7th - 12th grade went into effect. The new immunization is called Tdap. The Tdap booster vaccination helps prevent tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis, also known as whooping cough. The vaccination can be obtained from a family physician, at local pharmacies or through the Orange County Health Care Agency. Proof of the Tdap immunization will be required for the 2011-2012 school year. We recommend you take care of this requirement as soon as possible and bring the immunization record to the school's health office.

In addition, CUSD requires tuberculosis screening for entry into preschool or before the first school entry. Therefore, if the student is enrolling from OUTSIDE the United States for the first time, a TB skin test will be required. Proof of written evidence must be provided with a Mantoux (PPD) Skin Test. This test must be completed within the past eighteen months including results records in millimeters. If skin test results are positive, a chest x-ray date and statement that the child is free of communicable TB is required.


Birth Certificate/Age of Admission.

Students enrolling for the first time in a CUSD school must provide proof of age with a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport or immigration certificate.


Clearance/Withdrawal form.

Students entering after the start of the school year will need to provide a withdrawal form from the prior school. This form should have the student's prior class schedule and must have a copy of any withdrawal grades if applicable.



An official transcript is preferred at the time of enrollment; however unofficial transcripts will be accepted. Please contact the student’s last school of attendance for this document.


Parent Identification

A valid parent driver's license or passport is required

Because YOU matter

Contact the Registrar

Kyne Thompson

Guidance Office

Phone: 949.831.9495

FAX: 949.360.7275

7:00 am-3:30 pm

(last appointment at 2:30)

Additional Enrollment Documents

  • A signed Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit if another adult is assuming responsibility for the student with the permission of the child’s parents. Please contact the registrar for more information.
  • A copy of the students Individualized Educational Plan, if the student has special services. This copy must be obtained prior to enrollment. Enrollments are by appointment only, due to additional regulations.
    • Provide a copy of the IEP to ANHS.
    • Schedule an enrollment appointment with the Registrar.
    • Schedule a 2nd appointment for Special Education site services intake.