What is a transcript?
- A transcript is an educational document that shows the course work a student has taken, the grades earned, and a breakdown of various grade point averages (G.P.A.). Transcripts are either “unofficial” or “official”. A transcript is not a diploma.
- Transcripts are often used use by college admissions advisors and used for a variety of educational scholarship opportunities. They also provide valid proof of a student’s grade point average (G.P.A.) for potential employment and for a possible “good student discount” for insurance companies.
- An unofficial transcript is a copy of the student’s transcript that is not signed, stamped or certified. It may include the word “unofficial” on it. This transcript is generally requested from a student or parent to review for accuracy or other personal reasons.
Unofficial transcripts may be downloaded from the PARENT PORTAL . Please contact the academic advisor or front office if you have misplaced your Verification code that was sent to you from CUSD.
What is an Official Transcript?
- An official transcript is a transcript that is signed, stamped and certified by a school official or by Parchment/Docufide. Official transcripts may be obtained on-line through a secure FERPA compliant manner through Parchment/ Docufide. Orders can be placed any time or day. For Parchment/Docufide, please click HERE .
- Urgent requests for Official Transcripts that must be hand carried to the college can be ordered through the Guidance Office during normal business hours for a fee. Please allow five (5) business days to complete a request through the Guidance Office.
- COST: $8 to $10 per transcript for current students (depends on where/how you are sending the transcript)
- COST: $15 per transcript
How do I order an Official Transcript through Parchment/Docufide?
- Please note that school issued emails such as School Loop will not be available to the student or the parent after the students last date of attendance or graduation. Students should use another email account when ordering official transcripts through Parchment/Docufide.
- Click Here to be directed to the CUSD website with the Parchment/Docufide information.
- Follow the on-line instructions as prompted.
- Yes, transcript requests maybe submitted electronically to ALL common application colleges on your list for just one fee.
- Click here for directions to order a transcript for your COMMON APPLICATION
- For more information about the Common Application, please refer to the following website: https://www.commonapp.org
For all other official transcripts, please order through Parchment/ Docufide .
WARNING: Use this process ONLY if you require an official transcript: for:
- A personal copy you need to attach to a scholarship application
- A copy that must be attached to a paper secondary school report/counselor report form as part of a college application
- Urgent requests that are hand carried to a college can be ordered through the Guidance Office during normal business hours.
- Complete a Transcript Request form available on line or in the Guidance Office. Legibly fill out the entire form. To ensure your transcript arrives at to its proper destination, write out the complete address as indicated. Please note, the Guidance Office will not validate or look up addresses for students nor make corrections to inaccurate addresses. Clearly indicate the number of transcripts needed next to each destination
- If the form is downloaded on-line, please make two copies of the completed form. Submit one copy to the Guidance Office with the appropriate payment. The second copy should be retained by the student as proof of the order. Please allow five (5) business days for processing.