LEVEL CHANGES and DROPPING classes
A level change is when a student moves from a more rigorous level of a subject to a less rigorous level of the SAME subject.
- Students may request a level change up to the FOURTH week of school
- Requested subject change may cause one or more additional courses to change periods or teachers
- Absolutely NO period or teacher requests will be considered
- The withdrawal grade from the former class will be transferred to the new class
- Change request forms are available in the Guidance office or online
- Change request forms must be signed by the student, parent and teacher/coach before submitting to the academic advisor. Emails and phone calls from parents will not be allowed in lieu of a signature
- Allow up to 48 hours for change requests to be processed.
- IMPORTANT: Students must continue to attend all classes on their schedule (including the one they are trying to change until their academic advisor confirms that the change has been approved
COURSE CHANGE REQUEST FORM (Includes school service form). Will also be available at Walk Through Registration
ON TRACK FOR GRADUATION??
To be on track for graduation, students must pass all their classes.
- In grades 9 and 10 they must pass a minimum of 6 classes at 5 credits per class for a total of 30 credits each semester (60 for the year)
- In grades 11 and 12 students must pass a minimum of 5 classes at 5 credits per class for a total of 25 credits each semester (50 for the year).
- Students who fail classes must meet with their academic advisor to develop a plan to 'get back on track'. This may involve one or more of the following: attending summer school, attending the Learning Center, Academic Intervention class, and adding extra classes to the school day.
- Students who are behind in credits MUST take a minimum of 6 classes.
See the chart below for credit information.
|YEAR IN SCHOOL||FALL SEMESTER CREDITS||SPRING SEMESTER CREDITS||TOTAL CREDITS (ongoing)|
|12th grade||25||25||220 (graduation)|